Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

2012-01-21 Sushi Sushi Sushi !!!

 

As it is approaching the Chinese New Year……I thought we should have something very…… Japanese !! Having been introduced to vegetarian sushi by my son Tom, I was interested to try it myself.

I started with the dessert, and an experiment with sweets (bon bon’s) these TOTALLY not for Diabetics are almond paste, surrounded by ‘lace’ sweets which i washed the sugar from, and wrapped around the lump of almond paste, they stick well, the green bits are more lace sweets cut diagonally …and then bits of dry apricot to represent fish !! (it does get better……hopefully)

P1020332

These are the proper ones stuffed with raw veg and some for the boys with smoked salmon….served with soy sauce and wasabi paste……..tres bon!!

P1020336

Now for the guinea pigs………………

P1020340

A Happy Eater ?       Well Karl liked it !!

P1020341

No comments: