Search This Blog

Friday, November 09, 2012

2012-11-09Lamingtons & Mushroom

 

Both of these treats are a bit nostalgic for me and a friend!

Lamingtons a traditional Australian treat, which I made for an Australian friend about to leave the country, she said they were just like she remembers :O)

Sponge, dipped in chocolate/chocolate icing rolled in desiccated coconut.

P1040247

P1040250

These are Pied de Mouton (sheeps feet) mushrooms, called hedgehog mushrooms in the UK.

The nostalgic theme here was that my mushroom cook book, suggested they were cooked in drop scone (well they called them pancakes) which I used to make as a child on the electric stove which had 2 rings and a hotplate on the top which I used to drop the mixture on to….and hope it came off !!

The pancake mix was mixed with lots of finely chopped mushroom, then a few mushrooms were sliced and left whole for the decoration.

P1040254

P1040257

Eh Volia !

P1040264

Bonne Appetite !

P1040266

No comments: