Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2014-07-29 Troubles with Vegetables ?


 
 

SAM_1690
I planted about 40 Basil and had a good crop, but gradually through rain and slug damage it has reduced to just these 4……..hope they survive.
SAM_1718
Avocados are something I dreamed of growing, but not like this……in the compost heap !….we dig out nearly all the stones which are sprouted and pot them up, they dont survive the winters here, so they are kept indoors for that…..then I think they need grafting for a fruit producing plant ? ….plus the roots really “knot up” the compost making it nearly impossible to turn…I am going to have to discard all my avocado stones elsewhere as they are a nuisance because they GROW !
SAM_1719
Mystery squash……..I bought 2 “pumpkin plants” one is fine….but this is the other…..any ideas or is it a cross, and if so is it edible ?? There are 5 like this on this one plant !

No comments: